RSS
Hello! Welcome to AM Movie Mania! We are movie lovers who are happy to provide you with movie reviews! Got a request? Email us at ammoviemania@hotmail.com. x}

Despicable Me (2010)



To be honest, I wasn't interested to watch this movie at first. The trailer (that I watched) is not very interesting and it's an animation movie - I always think I'd spend my money for action / adventure / fantasy movies at the theatre, but Pauline and Aurel wanted to watch it... so I did.

Regret it? Pfft.

I absolutely enjoyed watching this movie. I laughed so hard it's embarrassing... *rofl*

So anyway, a couple of info, as usual:

Director: Pierre Coffin, Chris Renaud
Writers: Ken Daurio (screenplay), Sergio Pablos (story)
Genre: Animation | Comedy | Family
Casts: Steve Carell (Gru), Jason Segel (Vector), Russel Brand (Dr. Nefario), Julie Andrews (Gru's Mom), Miranda Cosgrove (Margo), Dana Gaier (Edith), Elsie Fisher (Agnes), Pierre Coffin (Tim, Bob, Mark, Phil, Stuart the Minions), Chris Renaud (Dave the Minion), Jemaine Clement (Jerry the Minion), etc. See the complete cast list here.
Summary, from imdb:
In a happy suburban neighborhood surrounded by white picket fences with flowering rose bushes, sits a black house with a dead lawn. Unbeknownst to the neighbors, hidden beneath this home is a vast secret hideout. Surrounded by a small army of minions, we discover Gru (voiced by Steve Carell), planning the biggest heist in the history of the world. He is going to steal the moon. (Yes, the moon!) Gru delights in all things wicked. Armed with his arsenal of shrink rays, freeze rays, and battle-ready vehicles for land and air, he vanquishes all who stand in his way. Until the day he encounters the immense will of three little orphaned girls who look at him and see something that no one else has ever seen: a potential Dad. The world's greatest villain has just met his greatest challenge: three little girls named Margo, Edith and Agnes.

Superbad. Superdad.

I love the fact that Steve Carell is the voice of the main character. He is one of the few reasons I decided to agree watching this movie. Trivia! He said that Gru's accent is a cross between Ricardo Montalban and Bela Lugosi. And no, I don't know who they are.

List! Things I like in this movie:
1. Again, Steve Carell as the main character's voice.
2. It's comedy, but not too much comedy. The movie doesn't try too hard to be funny because it already is. I hate movies that try too hard to be funny they become disgusting instead. Maybe because it is also a family movie, it can't do dirty jokes. Which I appreciate (that they don't do the dirty jokes).
3. MINIONS! They're just too cute! I want a plushie. x)
The two minions down here named Dave and Jerry -auReL




4. The music. The theme music is just too cool. I really like the easy beat. And one of the composers for the score of Despicable Me is Hans Zimmer. No wonder! He is one of the composers for Pirates of Caribbean series.

In my opinion, this movie deserves 8 out of 10 stars. Aah, if only they have the shrunken minion merchandise or something. Me want. Bad.

Since I watched the 2D version, I urge you to watch the 3D. I think it's much cooler in 3D because there's a roller coaster scene.

Trailer:

Enjoy the movie!

Toodle-o,
Maria

=========================================================================
+++ information

The soundtrack of the movie (which I've just got it and downloaded it!)

"Despicable Me" Soundtrack Tracklisting
1. Despicable Me – Pharrell
2. Fun, Fun, Fun – Pharrell

3. I'm on a Roll – Destinee & Paris
4. Minion Mambo – The Minions
5. Boogie Fever – The Sylvers
6. My Life – Robin Thicke
7. Prettiest Girls – Pharrell
8. Rocket's Theme – Pharrell
9. You Should be Dancing – The Bee Gees
10. The Unicorn Song – Agnes


-auReL-

1 comments:

.p. said...

yayyyy
i love agnes
i even set Agnes' unicorn songs as my ringtone on my cell ;9

 
Copyright 2009 AM Movie Mania. All rights reserved.
Free WordPress Themes Presented by EZwpthemes.
Bloggerized by Miss Dothy